The Citrus Research Board (CRB) and the University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) are hosting three free educational seminars for citrus growers throughout the state. The series will be held June 26 to 28 from 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in Palm Desert, Santa Paula and Exeter, and will provide updates on tactics for managing Asian citrus psyllid and Huanglongbing, research projects and other issues affecting the citrus industry.
For questions, please contact the CRB at 559-738-0246 or email@example.com. See below for a list of locations, featured speakers and topics.
All three seminars will include sessions on:
- Current Tactics for Managing ACP/HLB and Bactericide Updates – Beth Grafton-Cardwell, Ph.D., Director of Lindcove REC and Research Entomologist, University of California, Riverside
- Projects and Priorities of the Citrus Research Board – Melinda Klein, Ph.D., Chief Research Scientist, Citrus Research Board
- Work of the California Citrus Quality Council, How Research Drives the Program and Its Impact on Trade – Jim Cranney, President, California Citrus Quality Council
Tuesday, June 26 (Southern California – Desert)
UC Riverside – Palm Desert Center
75080 Frank Sinatra Drive
Palm Desert, CA 92211
- Regional Citrus Advisor Update – Eta Takele, Southern California – Desert
- Ag Commissioner Update on Pesticide Laws and Regulations – Robert Mulherin, Deputy Agricultural Commissioner, Riverside County Agricultural Commissioner’s Office
- Special Guest Highlighting Lemon Drop and Breeding Program – Glenn Wright, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Associate Extension Specialist – Tree Fruits, University of Arizona, Yuma Agricultural Center
Wednesday, June 27 (Central Coast)
Santa Paula Community Center
530 W. Main St.
Santa Paula, CA 93060
- Regional Citrus Advisor Update – Ben Faber, Ph.D., Central Coast
- Ag Commissioner Update on Pesticide Laws and Regulations – Blanca Enriquez-Pratt, Ventura County Agricultural Commissioner’s Office
- Special Guest Highlighting Biocontrol – Mark Hoddle, Ph.D., Extension Specialist, Department of Entomology, University of California, Riverside
Thursday, June 28 (Central Valley)
Exeter Veterans Memorial
324 W. Kaweah Avenue
Exeter, CA 93221
- Regional Citrus Advisor Update – Greg Douhan, Ph.D., Central Valley
- Ag Commissioner Update on Pesticide Laws and Regulations – Marianna Santos Gentert, Deputy Agricultural Commissioner, Pesticide Use Enforcement, Tulare County Agricultural Commissioner’s Office
- Special Guest Highlighting the History of HLB Early Detection Technology (EDT) in California – Bob Atkins, Chairman, CRB Early Detection Technology Task Force
A printer-friendly version of this flier can be downloaded here.