- This event has passed.
Fresno County Asian Citrus Psyllid and HLB Meeting: Oct. 31
October 31, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Due to the growing threat of Huanglongbing (HLB) in California, Fresno County citrus growers, packers and industry members are invited to attend an Asian citrus psyllid (ACP) and HLB meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 31 at the Fresno County Department of Agriculture to hear important updates on treatment recommendations, HLB research, and state and local activities.
The meeting will include the following:
- Welcome and County Update – Les Wright, Fresno County Agricultural Commissioner
- Update on California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) and Citrus Pest and Disease Prevention Program (CPDPP) Activities – Victoria Hornbaker, CPDPP interim director, CDFA
- Psyllid in the San Joaquin Valley – Sylvie Robillard, Fresno County Grower Liaison
- ACP Control: What We Have Learned – Dr. Beth Grafton-Cardwell, research entomologist and integrated pest management specialist at the University of California
- Update on California Citrus Mutual Activities – TBA
- Update on HLB related research – Melinda Klein, Citrus Research Board
Wednesday, Oct. 31
9:30 a.m. to noon
Fresno County Department of Agriculture
1730 S. Maple Ave.
Fresno, CA 93702
Contact Silvie Robillard with questions by emailing FresnoACP@yahoo.com.